Coraline algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes it is a good for, and coralline algae tends to grow with higher calcium and more light. it will eventually start to grow on your rocks if they are not bominated by other algae

you cant really 'buy' coraline algae, it grows on rock and glass, and it can be purple or red ( ive even heard people say they had green coraline, but im skeptical on that), just depends.

a nice established system will grow it well, and yes it is a good form of algae

ive also heard it tends to grow better with older bulbs, but this is only something i heard

Calcium alk and magnesium need to be right first. Can you buy a rock with some on it and then scrape it off in your tank to seed it.

ive even heard people say they had green coraline, but im skeptical on that

I actually have green coralline algae growing, and it's not algae. No need anymore to be skeptical!

As for buying it, I've heard of people using a product called "Purple Up" that is suppose to speed up the growth.

If you purchase live rock with coraline algae present it will spread under the right conditions (calcium alkalinity and good lighting). I purchase over 100 lbs of live rock without the algae then purchased 20 lbs of live rock covered with the algae and within 3 months all the rock was covered.

shorty412 said:
If you purchase live rock with coraline algae present it will spread under the right conditions (calcium alkalinity and good lighting). I purchase over 100 lbs of live rock without the algae then purchased 20 lbs of live rock covered with the algae and within 3 months all the rock was covered.

Nice

Diablito

Back
Top Bottom