coraline algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pluk1992

Aquarium Advice Activist
just wondering how to speed up the growth of coraline i hve some in my tank and would likethe rocks to get covered as fast as they can is there any additives for this and would getting pc be a good choice for the algae

Calcium will also help promote the growth of coraline. I have heard mixed reviews of coraline growth with regular NO, and pc. Some say NO promotes better coraline, and some say pc. As far as the lighting goes, you can get the pc your view would be better. ;)

Mike

I know that you can get calcium supplements from the live fish store. It helps speed the growth from what I have heard

As for what type of light, this all depends on what color algae, theoretically if you want red Coralline algae to grow then you would want to use a blue/green intensive light, because red will do nothing to them (as it just reflects that light away). Or for purple algae you would want a green color light... etc.

For instance I have 220watts PC (2x 55w Anticics, sorry I cant spell that, and 2x 55w 10k) which gives off a mostly blue hue, which is the reason why I have more red algae. But all around NOs work great, I even have CA growth in my sump! :)

Back
Top Bottom