coralline an indication?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pufferman

Aquarium Advice Freak
If coralline is starting to spread in the tank, is it an indication that it is okay to introduce corals? Just wondering because my glass is starting to get covered with the neon green specks and some has already turned purple. Just wanted to know

TIA

How long has your tank been up and running? Coraline just means your calcium is in check. I would also test for amonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, etc. If all of that is in check and your tank is cycled (im sure it is by the looks of the sig and things) you should be good to start with some beginner corals. What type of lighting do you have BTW?

the tank has been running for almost two years now. I have a lunar aqualight 130w with 1xActinic 65w and 1x10,000k 65w. I m guessing enough for zoanthids and soft corals. Saying that PC bulbs have twice the output of VHO bulbs i m guessing i have close to 5 or 6 watts per gallon.

If this lighting is whats on your 30G tank than its roughly 4.3watts per gallon which is enough to keep your zoo's, mushrooms and soft corals. As far as the 2 years, yes as long as all your params are in check than go ahead and get some corals. Remember to acclimate them properly (I use a drip method) and good luck :D

alright, thanks guys. i m gonna start with some zoanthid frags. Could you give me your full acclimation procedure for corals? I have no idea how to introduce them to my tank and lighting. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom