Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #31

I believe 1 hours is too little especially if its an sps or a bigger coral go with about 2 1/2 hours at least and up to 4 or 5 hours it all depends o the coral

Old 10-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

I only drip for 1- 1 1/2 hours. 4-5 is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much

Old 10-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #33

Like I said it depends on the coral and if your a professional you would know that some corals need that much time and some need as little as 1 and a half hours like I have a really rare coral it cost almost $900 for like 4-5 in of it and to acclimate it you have to do it for almost 5 hours
Old 10-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfreak1
Like I said it depends on the coral and if your a professional you would know that some corals need that much time and some need as little as 1 and a half hours like I have a really rare coral it cost almost $900 for like 4-5 in of it and to acclimate it you have to do it for almost 5 hours
Thanks for the sites. I looked over them briefly. I will read in more details later. I noticed some good information that does against what a lfs informed me. Is it bad for a fish or coral or marine life to touch air, as in is it bad for u to pull the marine life from your drip bucket and move to the tank? I would like your point of view of it please. I would like to see your rare coral you have if any pictures.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #35

I'm not home right now and I don't have really any picture but the closest thing I found is this coral

Name:   image-3187771407.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  90.6 KB

Also fish you put them quickly using a net into your aquarium and corals and everything else can't be exposed to air just fish also when you put fish in have the lights off for at least 4 hours and afterwards you can put the light on
Old 10-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #36

Actually here's mine

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-945508618.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	123531

It's from Australia costs $900 for a real one and lots of people are faking this coral nowadays and selling it for $100 by using real corals that look like it but really aren't the true rainbow symphyllia Wilson it's a sps coral. This coral is only picked by one Australian retailer.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #37

The first picture of the coral I posted is one I have in my aquarium I just don't know the name it cost me $140. It took me 2 1/2 hours to acclimate the first one
Old 10-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #38

That's a nice coral. I had a crab and the lfs stated it nor my red starfish should be exposed to air, which bout were due to fact I didn't want the store water in my tank. They were exposed to air for maybe 5 secs tops. They are doing fine. I see no signs of sickness or anything and I views tank many times a day when home.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfreak1
The first picture of the coral I posted is one I have in my aquarium I just don't know the name it cost me $140. It took me 2 1/2 hours to acclimate the first one
They are both really nice corals. Next weekend ill get me 3 or 4 to start. Zoas, shrooms, Kenyon tree.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEurope

They are both really nice corals. Next weekend ill get me 3 or 4 to start. Zoas, shrooms, Kenyon tree.
Lol kenya tree and you really dont have to acclimate those corals long at all. Maybe an hour.

Tags
coral, corals

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com