Corals!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. Ive had my tank for 2 years, tore it down and put it back up so its been up for about a year now. But i have a problem! The only thing thats really grown and split is my RBTA my pulsing xenia have a little too but my sps and lps havent really bugged! They where off to a great start then stopped and have been same size for a longgggggg time now! Can someone help? Would really appreciate it!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

what type of lighting you use
water parameters meaning numbers not ok fine lol
placement flow ect

Ok
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Calcium 560
Alk 8
Salinity 1.024
Phosphate 0 on api last time i did on photometer it was .04 but that was on 6-17-14
I have a mag 24 as return and a wp40 on setting wave 1 s2
Lighting is a 165 watt full spectrum LEDs running at 75%
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412896940.997398.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412896959.351307.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412896970.301909.jpg

Oh ya display tank is a 110, 5 foot across 18 deep 36 high

Yes i know but im only using it on half for now, all corals are on that half pretty much. first want to make the top and then get lights, i was debating between 2 or 3 panels?

calcium is high
I keep the same light over my 90g but its only 10inch off surface 100% blue 90%white
in reality I need another as you do too but how I have mine I get full coverage
i also use 2 clip on high output leds on the 2 ends that helps a lot my tank is 4 ft
i dont do sps but yes i keep lps and softies i get rather good growth per 2 months
i dose A/B to keep my alk and calcium in check

Well my cal and alk seems not to fall or anything? Should i still dose? Ill try moving to higher intensity light over some time. Any other suggestions? I have fug but not in use its housing a urchin which ate all my chaeto soo, should i get it back up?

So maybe i should get three led panels??? Or do the clip on?

you prob could get by with 2
no you dont need to dose your calcium 560 is high
i dose only because i cant keep a stable alk and calcium level
or you could do what i did use the tao tronic in center just lower it down to 10inch above the surface with 2 hi output leds on either end
this is how my tank looks
also the high out put lights i use
Micro Sun LED High Output Clamp Light-6 in.-8W-Daylight

img_3062888_0_1ea3f9b6b7a322f4a64437dc80962282.jpg

What's tao tronic?

Taotronic is the seller name from either ebay or amazon for a certain type of LED panel that will support any photosynthetic creature you'd want to keep in a reef environment. There are many other sellers under all kinds of different names, that is just the one that stuck for whatever reason.

it's like the light you have now
the chinese leds are identical but a lot cheaper with a one year warranty
tao tronic leds more of a name brand cost a bit more and come with a 2 year warranty
both led lights perform the same and look identical

Oh ok, well back to the real question. Why arent my corals growing? Because of light? Ive heard of maybe having electricity in tank? Any ideas?

you can check for stray voltage in your tank with a volt meter
how high is your light over that half of the tank
mine is 10 inch above surface i also run mine 100% blue
90% white mine run about 10 hrs a day
do you feed your coral ,
i feed my coral 'coral frenzy' 2X a week

Do i just stick both ends of voltmeter in the water? And i dont feed any coral specific food only the mysis shrimp and seaweed

Ok thanks, i have coral frenzy at home but is there any other coral food or supplements that you would recommend?

i always used the coral frenzy , i do know some use coral smoothie but i never used it so i dont know how good it is,

Back
Top Bottom