Corals and light problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loach23

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently picked up a bunch of corals off a buddy of mine some polyps shrooms zeyna tree star polyps and anemone. As I was putting them in I bumped into the light I had and it fell into the tank and now I have no lights. I have a shop light over them but its weak. I just ordered new lights but won't arrive for another week. Will my corals survive till then. Help.

The anemone will suffer the most without proper lighting for that length of time.

Ordered a 4 bulb t5 lights over a 20 gallon tall. Will they die or can it be saved

Yea this really sucks. Just tracked the order and it won't arrive till the 31st because Monday is a Holliday and stupid fedex don't deliver on weekends

I think you should be ok. Just let them have whatever light you have until then. You got a decent fixture so things should spring right back quickly after you get the light. The nem, I'm sorry but I just don't know. In my opinion I think he will make it a week but it could be he doesn't. Can you let him visit with a friend til your lights come?

I think I might take off the lights on my planted 55 gallon and put it over this one. They are 2 56w 10k t5 bulbs.

You could rotate between the 2 fixtures you have. The corals should be ok with minimum light. Still not sure about the nem. I think with some light he will pull through. Has he started moving around in the tank looking for light? What kind of nem is it anyways?

Its a bubble nem. And I put him on the top rock few inches from the surface hasn't moved yet.

Ok. He will start moving around I think when he needs light or something. I had a condy and that's how he was. I think youre gonna be ok. :-D

Just keep an eye on the nem and watch out for anything that can suck him in, if he does move you dont want the Powerheads to get him

I think I might take off the lights on my planted 55 gallon and put it over this one. They are 2 56w 10k t5 bulbs.

I think that is a better option, i would just try it and see if anything looks better if it does stay with it and if not go back to the other light.

Back
Top Bottom