Corals and RO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ckmn101

Aquarium Advice Freak
Are there any corals that aren’t sensitive enough to require RO water?
I don’t know much about plumbing a RO unit. My problem is that my tank isn’t anywhere near a water source. I have a tub under my tank with aged sw. when I do a pwc (weekly) I vac the waste straight in another tub right in front of the tank, then I put a pump in it and through the house to a drain. Then I put the tub in the bathtub, pump that in to under the tank, de-chlorinate, heat, mix with salt, and then a ph. The washer is in the basement way too far away and the kitchen sink has no place to store water.
Please give me a suggestion or 2, I’m sure someone has already overcame an obstacle like this.

you could always make your ro water and move it to the tub my ro filter is in the kitchen no plumbing required i got the adapter for the sink just screws on i make 5 gallons at a time and move that

I don't think any coral "requires" RO water. RO water is optional if u don't want to add PO4 and NO3 into ur tank with tap water.

fishfrink got it in one. i have been keeping corals with tap water. just got my ro/di last week so this weekend is my first pwc with ro/di. yay

Back
Top Bottom