Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-08-2005, 06:27 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
talloulou, what other filtration do you have on the tank? (if it was mentioned, I have forgotten,sorry). The reason I ask is that if you are relying on the rock as your sole filtration, you do not have near enough and you will indeed have problems. If you have other filtration, it has not had time to seed yet and I would toss a shrimp in. I know you are wanting to see fish in there, but as is a common and true saying, nothing good happens fast in saltwater.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:28 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to flamingonhot Send a message via Yahoo to flamingonhot
coolio lol. good choice for your first fish,very cool and very hardy. add some more hermits though when you have the chance,they do a great job of cleaning your tank.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:47 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a rena filstar canister filter. I definitely am not intending on using the live rock as my sole filtration after spending almost $100 on my filter 8O Anyway the canister filter has been running since I set the tank up. I'm assuming the bacteria for saltwater vs freshwater are totally different right? Cause I do have another tank that I could take filter media from and use in my canister but it's freshwater? I hate the idea of tossing a dead shrimp in there when I currently have things, such as my live shrimp, living in there and I don't want to foul the water. I'd rather risk it with a hermit crab and a percula clown.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:32 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
You may be ok, then again, you may be risking your shrimp, a percula clown and a hermit crab if the ammonia spike is a good one.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com