Could it be the bulb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Check your bulb and connections. No reason why it should cycle on and off like that. I have a CoraLife fixture with a 150 HQI and it never cycled on and off at any time nor should it. Are you positive they did not send you your original ballast back thinking it was ok? Just a few things to look at..

GL.

Could it be the bulb?/

As I was thinking about what the probem with my metal halide system, I came to wonder that maybe it could be the bulb for some reason? Does anyone think that this could be the problem?

I know this is a bit "out there", but check the voltage at the receptacle you're using for the ballast for voltage drop when the ballast comes on. Unlikely, but possible.

make sure the wires coming out of the ballast to the bulb are not all long and bunched up. Make them as short as possible to avoid interference.

Sorry to hear about your troubles:

I don't know if it is true or not but I experienced that if you have a new MH bulb You want to runn it for a couple of houres when you start it up the first time so that it can burn in. If you switch it on and of to much in the beginning, the bulb will give you trouble and won't start.

Back
Top Bottom