Couple of questions wonder if you all can help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chabooky386

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey guys i just put my Blue tang in 72 Bowfront tank. I had many problems with my tank i think it is due to not cleaning my tank evry once and awhile. I dropped it in my tank and then it just laid on the bottom of the sand on its side... i wonder if that is normal for it to do that...?

second question...
i was wondering if some of u could put some pictures of your live rock stacked. i cant get it to look right in my tank i hav about 90 pounds of rock and i cant ever get it to look right in my tank.

third question...
what are some easy corals to drop in ur tank and for them to acutally stay alive for more than 2 weeks. i dun know what i am doing wrong. oh and if u could pictures would help me... i am a newb in putting corals in my tank and keeping them alive...

please if you guys could help me out the most yall can....

Well, that's not normal, how did you acclimate your tang? You said you just dumped him in? Was he kept in a QT?

As far as the corals not lasting... how old is your tank? What are all your water readings? Those will all be key factors in things living or dying off in your tank. Also what lights you are using with what corals you are keeping etc... is quite important too.

What kind of problems were you having? Have you fixed them all? Maybe your tank hasn't quite gotten stable if they were recent. How about sharing your complete set up ... I'm sure there is a lot of help here to get you on the right path and things straighteneed out. :)

As far as aquascaping.. there are many great pictures here on members pages... I spent a good part of the last hour or so browsing everyones pictures to get ideas myself... take a peek.

warmly,
Kimberly

I hope you said "dropped in" but meant added. You did acclimate him before adding him to the tank, right?

I can show you how my rock is setup. it's a 125gal with 110lbs of lr (fish only, no corals). Everyone does it different though.

img_331580_0_4777c02511eda63fba43899ab94470d4.jpg

Jim

How old is the tank.. Did it cycle... What kind of water are you using? Waht is you amm, nitrite and nitrate readings. What is your SG/Salinity
What type of lights...
Acclimation is ver important to fish and some corals. Just dropping them in is no good.
Need more info before we can help.

uMmM... yeah i just dropped that sucker in... what is the proper procedure for putting him in?

i have 2 T5's blue and purple and i have a HQI pendant.

Acclimation should be done to all tank inhabitants. Two methods are common. The drip method which requires airline tubing that you use as a siphon from the main tank to drip water into an acclimation bucket. The other method is to add 1/2 cup of tank water to the acclimation bucket every 4 or 5 minutes.

Both methods should start with temp acclimation by placing the closed bag in the main tank for 15 min. Then you can start the acclimation process that will last about an hour.

Others will have varying opinions about times needed to acclimate but the 1 hr has worked well for fish, shrimp, crabs, snails and corals for me.

it just laid on the bottom of the sand on its side... i wonder if that is normal for it to do that...?
No, not normal. Like mentioned, I am sure it is an acclimation issue. Research for better methods.
was wondering if some of u could put some pictures of your live rock stacked
Many of us have various pics of our tanks on this site. Just click the "view my gallery" link under the user's name.
what are some easy corals
there are many easy corals available. Looks like your lighting will be fine for a lot of options. Need more info...current water parameters, filtration method, amount of LR, substrate. Any info you can give on your current set-up can help.
By the way...Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!! :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom