Crab Tank Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Castillo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone think these species could mesh in a tank? I want to do a 29 gallon tank and I am thinking maybe coral? I would also love advice on a fish to get with this group and what kind of cleaning crew? Basically which of these should I get and which should I avoid?

Thanks so much

Crab:

Calico Crab or Shameface Crab or Purse Crab

Sponge Crab

Porcelain Crab (3)

Emerald Crab (3)

Ruby Emerald Crab (3)

Smooth Elbow Crab

Anemone Crab

Pom Pom Crab

Shrimp:

Coral Banded Shrimp

Pistol Shrimp/ Goby

Does anyone think these species could mesh in a tank? I want to do a 29 gallon tank and I am thinking maybe coral? I would also love advice on a fish to get with this group and what kind of cleaning crew? Basically which of these should I get and which should I avoid?

Thanks so much

Crab:

Calico Crab or Shameface Crab or Purse Crab

Sponge Crab

Porcelain Crab (3)

Emerald Crab (3)

Ruby Emerald Crab (3)

Smooth Elbow Crab

Anemone Crab

Pom Pom Crab

Shrimp:

Coral Banded Shrimp

Pistol Shrimp/ Goby

I know you Should avoid the coral banded as there aggressive an will attach an eat fish.
Pompoms are great although small an better for a smaller tank, that said don't let the size discourage you as their "dances" are spectacular and cute.
Porcelain are really the only ones I trust in a reef tank bedsides the pompoms, never heard of any trouble from anyone whose kept them.

Pistol shrimp are great choices, just make sure your rock is on the bottom of the tank as they like to borrow..

Emeralds can be a toss up but for the most part reef safe from what I've seen.
An that's about it from my knowledge in crabs besides hermits. Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

coral banded shrimp only have a bad name because some people under feed them they are not aggressive at all IMO , they only look aggressive because they have long arms they can swing , yes they don't get along with fire shrimp or skunk shrimp .

as for crabs I do know Emerald Crabs , Porcelain Crabs , Emerald Crabs , ruby Emerald Crabs , would get along but at times may fight but that's what crabs do , they would need a nice amount of rocks to hid in , these crabs also have a very short life span
never seen any last more than 6 months as most will starve,
Anemone Crab would need a anemone to host , as for the other crabs on your list I don't know much about them or have any experience as I never kept any of these crabs

Back
Top Bottom