Crabs are still causing problems!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
My star fish and sea serpent were mildly attacked within the last couple days. I have about 15 small hermit crabs and 3 emerald crabs. The hermits are a mix of red/blue leg and a few others that I'm not sure about, one has orang/blue on his head/eyes and a white claw and a few others are just dark colored but all are very small yet, smaller than a fingernail. I took out 4 of the biggest ones and put in my brothers tank hoping they are the ones that did it.

I"m hoping the hermits did this because they were hungry, my tank is fishless waiting for ICK to go away and I recently switched out 1/2 my cc for a DSB. So if they did this out of hunger I"m hoping they'll be okay now, if I must I'll get rid of the hermits but I really like the emeralds so I hope it wasn't them.

Red Hermit Crabs

I had the same problem in my tank. I have had a red hermit crab for 2 years now and he has gotten quite large. Sunday morning I wake up and there he is dismantling my starfish. Out of the tank he comes and off to the pet store for a new home.

Back
Top Bottom