Crabs Only Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I've got all of these fairly cool looking crabs in my live rock from www.liverocks.com and don't want them in the main tank, but they're fun to watch. I've got a 10 gal tank that's empty and was thinking about adding sand and some base rock to it with a HOB filter and a heater. Anyone think there is a chance this could be successful, or should I just forget about it?

Have you considered adding the 10g to your exsisting set-up as a refugium? It would be a great benifit for your main tank and would be much easier to keep the water parameters in check, and also make a convenient place to put your crabs.

Just a thought.

Howard

all the crabs will be fine in your 10gal.. When i put all mine in my 29gal they all did well.. I put my mantis in there as well and they became food very slowly.. It was very awesome to watch.. I still have a few in the tank.. Its an awesome Idea.. FWIW i never even had a heater it the tank.. It stayed at about 74f and everything was doing just fine..

HTH,
James

I thought about no heater, but I have an extra 50W, so maybe I'll go w/o to begin and add it if it's too cold.

Back
Top Bottom