Crack in sump??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefnoob84

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have this in another thread but I'll come right out and ask if I can get away with a 6 inch crack in a side panel on my sump tank.

what i would do if you cant get a new sump, is take a piece of acrylic and make it so that it is 4 or 5" bigger on all sides or even copy the side of the tank and seal it on the outside of the sump.. make sure the sealant is around the crack and then seal the rest of the edges.

If that's acrylic get weldon #16 make a patch like previously stated and make the repair. Make sure you clean the area good and it will last forever.

Not acrylic it's glass I got to it early and sealed it up. There's not much pressure there and I put silicon on both sides and let it cure last night. Holding water now I'll keep an eye on it till I can get another tank.

If that doesn't work I'd go with what jeffrock said but do it on the inside then there's no way the pressure will push the patch off

Back
Top Bottom