Criticism please!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fird

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm a month into my tank as far as livestock goes... I need some constructive criticism as to what looks wrong and what looks right. My two clown fish twitch some time...is this normal? Sand bed seems to get dirty alot...what should I do? Rocks are a combination of green and red...is this something I need to fix as far as algea?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110922_175147.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110922_175147.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 96
  • ForumRunner_20110922_175218.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110922_175218.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 85
I'm a month into my tank as far as livestock goes... I need some constructive criticism as to what looks wrong and what looks right. My two clown fish twitch some time...is this normal? Sand bed seems to get dirty alot...what should I do? Rocks are a combination of green and red...is this something I need to fix as far as algea?

I think it is normal for the Clownfish to twitch. I think it means they are turning into a mated pair.:)

i don't know about the clown twitching, but if you added a power head to the tank you would keep detritus suspended, so it could be removed by your filtration, instead of falling to the sand bed.

I already have a power head, you think I need another on the other side?

But if out doesn't hit the bottom how are my inverts supposed to eat?

yeah i have a 950 aqueon powerhead in my 40g, which is OVER KILL and food circulates forever before it either ends up in my filter or get stuck on some rock. but ya 8 hermits still manage to find plenty of food and junk to eat.

What do you think of the coloration of my rocks? Seems to be red algae growing.

well, it's probably cyanobacteria.
coralline algae, which can also be red, grows much slower. you won't see rocks covered in a month.
water changes/better nutrient export and reducing feeding (2 or 3 times a week for a while) would be the steps i would take.

What do you think of the coloration of my rocks? Seems to be red algae growing.

Sometimes if the tank is new the rock will get this color before getting another color. That being said, it looks like a mix of cyano and other algaes are getting on the rock. Kind of hard to see though. Mr_X touched on what you had to do.

Back
Top Bottom