Critters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vermonter310

Aquarium Advice Activist
I hear people talking about "critters" for there tanks and I've seen critter packages for sale on several websites. But what do I need for critters in a FOWLR tank. Buggers seemed a little on the pricy side, at least the packages. Tank will either be a 55 or a 72

Thanks

VT

Well you really dont need any critters.

Most people get them to help with algae and such. Hermits and Snails are the cheapest of the cleanup crew critters.

If you are going to have a DSB then you need "critters" to gently move the sand and process the waste that accumulates there. Without a proper population of sand infauna the DSB will turn into a polluted clump of rotting organic matter. If you do not intend to have a DSB then use no more than 1/2" of sand. If you have LR the worms will migrate to the sand anyway so it shouldn't be an issue either way.

Most critter packs arent that expensive when you consider the cost of each individual specimen included.
check out www.saltwaterfish.com

they have a great u build it package, over 75 bucks and shipping is free.
Ive heard alot of good things about that place too.

I have ordered from them twice, yesterday's shipment was the second time. The first time I was much more pleased. I have made an observation that the "sale items" seem to be very small in size as opposed to when you buy them full price...just understand this before you buy and you won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom