Critters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pm64971

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I've just started a new tank. I've added the salt and water, sand and LR. The amonia spike is underway. I have already seen a bristle worm and some other things. I speared the bristle worm with a knife because I was told they were bad. I may not have killed him; he quickly got into a rock. Was this a mistake? I also have what looks like hair attached to the LR swaying in the current. Is this good? Some of the LR also has green bulbs on it. They're about 1/8" in diameter. Are these good?

Thanks,
Phil

I speared the bristle worm with a knife because I was told they were bad. I may not have killed him; he quickly got into a rock.

Bristle worms are not bad, they are beneficial detrivores. They got a bad rap in the past, but over the last few years people are seeing that they do no harm in the tank.

By spearing it with a knife, more than likely you created 2 bristle worms rather than killing it ;)

I belive the bulbs may be Bubble Algae which can spread quickly. Do not pierce them as this will just accelerate their propogation. Are your cycling the tanks with the light on?

Back
Top Bottom