critters on new live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrsfuller2572

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just put lr in my aquarium today to begin the cycling process. A few free-loaders have come with it. There are so far, 2 blue legged crabs that have turned up. Also, a black and white banded worm/snake looking thing. He's about 2.5" long. Any ideas what THIS critter is?
Thanks.

Do you have a pic? The hermits might not make it through the cycle. Don't worry, they were the ones that hitchhiked. Wait a few months and you will see tons of stuff growing on that LR. Give it some time and wait about an hour after lights out. Get a red lense on your flashlight and watch all the other stuff you don't see in the day time.

I must invest in a digital camera. The whole family was perched on the sofa last night watching with the blue lights on.
Tonight, we'll try the flashlight with red lense cover.
The lfs was selling off their 180g. when I went in yesterday. No copper ever in the tank, just said it wasn't paying for itself. SO, the lr came out of their tank. It has gorgeous coraline on most of it (much had already been picked over), a little macro-algae, and some other things that I will have to look up to identify. I also got two cups of the live sand from the same tank and added it in as well.

Back
Top Bottom