Critters to keep the sand bed clean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
What critters do folks recommend for keeping the sand bed clean? There are so many inverts and fish out there that are reported to do this that it's confusing. I have some nassarius snails at the moment but I think I need more (I have 5 in a 10 gallon). I hear a lot about various gobies but can't seem to find a consensus as to which species are best. I currently have a 10g FOWLR but will be upgrading to a 30g reef in a couple of months.

The banded/bullet goby and the twin spotted goby are both supposed to be exceptionally great at stirring the sandbed.

That looks like a good plan. Just be careful if you put in a new tank that there wont be much for them to eat so that they might kill each other to eat. But they are good critters to keep in your tank. My only problem is that there is nothing to sift or turn over your sand. That`s why I suggested the goby. Narssuris snails are good for your sand also.

Back
Top Bottom