Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-26-2006, 01:56 AM   #1
CSS Super Skimmer..Please help!!!

I can't believe how big all this was when I put it in my tank. I am on day 1 and I think I have already wasted money.

This 65 gal. skimmer is so big in my 30 gal between the pump and the bubble difuser. Is there a trick to this?

Not to mention that that I dont like the way the pump connects to the hose. I feel like it is going to fall out.

Do I really need this huge diffuser box in the tank with the pump?

Old 08-26-2006, 08:01 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought the same skimmer for my 46gal FOWLR. As soon as I put it together I knew that it would take so much away from my tank (aesthetically) that I couldn't use it. I packed it up carefully and returned it.

There are several skimmers that appear to be much less intrusive on the tank appearance. I'll let someone else make recommendations on this.

I decided to buy a wet/dry and put everything down below. Skimmer, heaters & probes are all out of sight. It also increased my total volume of water by a few gallons. If I had it to do again the only thing I would do differently would be to use a larger wet/dry or a large sump.
46 gal FOWLR
11lb Live Rock - 40lb Live Sand
ProClear Pro 75 - LR rubble & skimmer in sump
AC 300 HOB
AC 402 Powerhead - AC 301 Powerhead
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com