CUC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warvillian

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had my reef tank set up for 3 weeks now and finally the diatom bloom is gone, but now I have green hair algae. I am currently stocked with two clown fish and five hermit crabs. However, the hermit crabs are only staying on the left side of my 75 gal but will not go to the other side where the green hair algae is. I only started with five hermit crabs in order to clean up the leftover food that my clowns didnt eat. Now im ready to add a few more crabs and a couple snails. How many more of hermits and snails should I add? I dont want to starve them once they quickly clean up. Also, I do not want huge snails because they will end up bulldozing the corals that I will add to the tank. Thanks in advance.

i would just do a series of water changes and watch the feeding for a while, and the algae problem will slowly subside. i wouldn't bother buying any living creatures to combat the nutrient issue. if the crabs and snails you have now aren't doing anything about the algae, adding more won't help either.

The side that is mostly free of algae is the side with the hermits. I will try the water changes anyways it wont hurt.

Back
Top Bottom