CUC for 20 gallon long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just upgraded my saltwater to a 20 gallon long. It is a fully established tank because I used my sand, rock, and filters from my previous tank. Currently, there are only a few corals in the tank and then some inverts which are:
1 PIstol Shrimp
1 Emerald crab (not super attached to it but had a bubble algae problem in the past)
2 dwarf hermits (zebra leg and electric blue)
1 turbo snail
1 trochus snail.

What is a good full stock list for a clean up crew for the tank?

Based off liveaquaria's reef cleaner packs, I was thinking a good CUC for this tank would be: (this list includes my current inhabitants)
1 pistol shrimp
1 emerald crab
1 peppermint shrimp
5 dwarf hermits (maybe 1 more electric blue and 3 scarlet reef hermits)
7 Nassarius snails
7 Cerith snails
4 Nerite Snails
1 turbo snail
1 trochus snail

Does this sound good? Or is it too many inverts?

Well, a clean up crew varies. It needs to be fed, be it scraps or fish poop, whatever the case. I personally like reefcleaners as the guy who runs it will help you decide what is best for your tank, which we don't know much about besides size.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For more help with the tank, so far there are no fish in there, but I'm planning to add some soon. Hoping to get a pair or clowns, and a goby at least. It's a 20 gallon long, and for corals it has:
3 zoa colonies
1 duncan
1 trumpet colony
A colony of GSP

Based off liveaquaria's reef cleaner packs, I was thinking a good CUC for this tank would be: (this list includes my current inhabitants)

1 pistol shrimp

1 emerald crab

1 peppermint shrimp

5 dwarf hermits (maybe 1 more electric blue and 3 scarlet reef hermits)

7 Nassarius snails

7 Cerith snails

4 Nerite Snails

1 turbo snail

1 trochus snail

Does this sound good? Or is it too many inverts?

I'd skip the peppermint shrimp. No need for them and they can be little devils. You definitely don't need that many nassarius snails either as they are strictly carnivorous and need to be fed. Turbos are giant poop machines as well and create a ton of waste.

With a cuc you have to remember these organisms are adding bio load to the system as well. My cuc in my 40 breeder is like 20 snails of varying degree and most of them reproduce on their own hence why I have so many. I also have a cucumber and serpent star but I put them in their because I like them rather than as cuc members.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom