CUC greats!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cox82

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm going to get more of my CUC this weekend and I'd love to hear what everyone has to say about their favs.

I have a 35G soon-to-be reef. So far I have:

5 astrea snails
3 scarlet hermit crabs (one died :(; they are all very tiny)
1 Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp.

I love my shrimp! He is fun and has personality.

I do have lots of algae on my rocks, both diatoms and long hair. He is doing a good job, but will need help.

I know that I have to get more snails, I'm thinking the following:

4 nassarius snails (2 now, 2 later)
5 nerite snails (2 now; 3 later)
7 cerith snails (3 now; 4 later)

So? What are your favs? I like sociable, fun creatures and was hoping for more shrimp or a crab that wouldn't hurt my fish (I have a goby and am hoping for a jaw once I'm more established) or corals.

I'd suggest an emerald crab. :) Very fun to watch and they do a little dance on the front glass sometimes too. Plus they eat bubble algae if you ever get any as well as anything you feed the tank.

I'd suggest an emerald crab. :) Very fun to watch and they do a little dance on the front glass sometimes too. Plus they eat bubble algae if you ever get any as well as anything you feed the tank.

Hey Carey! How was your holidays?

I wanted an emerald, but I'm afraid of it hurting my goby. You have gobies, are there any issues?

Hey, can you go to my newest thread and comment there about the goby and pods please? I'd love your advice!

I have two small emeralds in my 20g which has 2 clown gobys, a barnacle blenny and an engineer goby oh and two new neon gobies. Not a single problem so far and its been a few months. I wouldnt get really big ones, I have some large ones in my 125g and my biocube which might be too much for gobies. lol

I'll see if i can find that other thread. :)

Great! Thanks! I'm going to get one this weekend!

The other thread is called "Goings on in my 35G Reef"

In my 36 gal, I have a sally lightfoot crab, emerald crab, 2 scarlet hermits, 2 brown leg hermits, 1 anemome crab, 10 margarita snails, 10 really small hermits (can't recall their name), one snail i can't recall name of, and lots of the shellless snails that start with an s. You can get more CUC in there IMO. My livestock is currently 1 clown, 1 chalk bass, 1 royal gamma, 1 neon goby, 1 yellow watchman goby, and 1 coral banded shrimp. Not counting my coral frags of course.

Back
Top Bottom