Cuc help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all! I'm wondering what I should do in terms sod a clean up crew for my biocube 29 reef... Here's what I have so far...

2 emerald crabs
4 cleaner shrimp
15 Blue leg hermits

I don't know which snail I want because there's so many to choose from! I want one that will flip its self back over if it's on it's back..?

Also, how often do I need to add hermit crap shells to the tank? Thanks:)

SwimsWithFish said:
Hello all! I'm wondering what I should do in terms sod a clean up crew for my biocube 29 reef... Here's what I have so far...

2 emerald crabs
4 cleaner shrimp
15 Blue leg hermits

I don't know which snail I want because there's so many to choose from! I want one that will flip its self back over if it's on it's back..?

Nassarius snails can flip themselves over I believe. And they are great for cleaning up your substrate. Stay away from Astraea though as they can't flip themselves back up. Let me research on the snails real quick. I know there's one similar to the astreas that can flip themselves back up

Jlsardina said:
Nassarius snails can flip themselves over I believe. And they are great for cleaning up your substrate. Stay away from Astraea though as they can't flip themselves back up. Let me research on the snails real quick. I know there's one similar to the astreas that can flip themselves back up

Thanks a ton:D

SwimsWithFish said:

2 emerald crabs
4 cleaner shrimp
15 Blue leg hermits

Here...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+526+564&pcatid=564

This is the snail for you!

Don't forget the nassarius snails! A must have as well.

Also, IMO you should add your cuc slowly so there is enough food for them to eat. If you add 15 at once they might run out of food in a newer tank an starve. I would add like 3-4 at a time. If you notice they aren't keepin up then add some more.

Back
Top Bottom