CUC in refugium DSB question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benjamn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a DSB in my refugium in sump. My question is, would putting nassarius snails in defeat the purpose of having the dsb? Isn't the dsb supposed to not be disturbed?

Also, I have a bunch of ceramic bio media. Could this be placed in the refuge along with my live rock rubble without causeing any nitrate problems. Or, could the bio media be put between my baffles in sump? MY thinking is they would be getting good flow through to avoid any detrius settling on them.

I have a 75gal tank with 70lbs live rock. I would like to add this bunch of bio media I have in some way as to not be hazardous. Or should I just forgot about adding the bio media.

i don't think it would hurt to add the ceramic rings. i would use them along with the lr rubble in your refugium. i've always done similar with ceramic frag plugs.
as far as a cleanup crew in the refugium- no. don't put anything in the refugium. let the pods handle what food comes into the sump. if you are worried about the sand bed staying clean, you'll have a diverse cleanup crew in there in no time at all. various worms and pods will populate the refugium in a short time.

Back
Top Bottom