I purchase 45lbs live rock from LiveAquaria.com. It had a lot of die-off. I've been curing since I got it (2 weeks ago) in a seperate 30 gal
rubbermaid container. I coulnt keep it inside because of the smell. So, I kept it in the garage with a heater and power head (temp stayed above 72). I started scrubbing the rock and it looked much better. Ammonia levels didnt seem to change from 8+ and nitrite and nitrate sayed at 0. So, this week i brought it inside and added a skimmer on it. That kept the smell down but the readings are still not changing. I'm doing 50% every 2 days. Readings after the 50% change still show 4+ on the ammonia and 0's for nitrite/nitrate. I'm hoping that all I need to do now is give it more time.
Is there something I am doing wrong? Is time the key since there was so much die-off?