Curing New Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being in Florida you should recieve it so quickly that it probably won't need curing! I have seen others on this board that have ordered from across the U.S. and were surprised to see no Die off at all!

Debary ... where exactly is that?

That would be nice to get it, and place it right into the tank! DeBary is in Volusia County. We are basically directly between Daytona and Orlando, off of Interstate 4.

ahhh o.k.!
Kinda far, but I was going to say why not make a road trip out of it! That way you can pick your rock first hand?

Thanks for the link to that page, Nate. That seems like a good idea. I will get a Rubbermaid tub to have on hand.

They have recently moved...

Their new warehouse is in Tarpon Springs.

If you take 4 to 75 go north, then get off on highway 54? then take that west. Once you get to Alt 19 you will take a left. Get to Kingermon Rd, and take a Right, then a left on Alt 19.

They are in a warehouse complex that has a sign Vertical plus or something in there. They just got a new shipment in Sunday from the Keys ( I was help put the rock in their tubs, while picking out pieces to buy.)

I would suggest contacting them if you plan on making it to make sure you have someon there.

Even if shipped overnight, liverocks.com does not recommend re-curing their rock. Should be able to go right in the main. The choice is yours, however. When I got mine, I put in a rubbermaid tub for a couple of days to monitor NH3. I had no trouble and put in into the main. Again, no trouble.

I just figured if they are @1-1.5 hours away to save some costs... go grab them, plus they have the ability to pick out some nice pieces :p

even with the FL resident reduced shipping its still @ 30-40bucks for 40lbs not bad though

We were there Sunday, and I would do it all over again, I'm very happy with the pieces especially the rock that looks like a baseball glove :)

Kingermon rd? What is the nearest main intersection? I live in Tarpon Springs right off of alt 19.

I'll have to call them up and go check this out.

ANDYH...Tarpon Springs is about 45 minutes south of Brooksville....

John

I added mine right to the tank as I finished up my cycle and saw no increase in ammo as a result. I wouldn't bother curing it.

Sounds like they have some really nice rock. I got an Email from them saying they have 5000 pounds they just unloaded. I am going to see if I can make the trip, not only to save on shipping, but also to see what 5000lbs of live rock looks like!

of course!

nubi's
stars
various shrimp
a little nubed coral that i picked up
golden moray
lots of crabs
various worms
snails

at one point Mike from LR.com was picking off life and throwing it in a jug with water then he later dumped into my box we used for shipping ;)

He did have some interesting views about a few of the criters most on aa.com have issus with ... those being aptasia and mantis shrimps. He commented that the aptasia on his rock isnt the indopacific kind that reporoduces so quickly, and that he actually had one in his tank at the warehouse that has never reproduced, he had also mentioned that the mantis shrimp arent ALL bad, so i will wait to see what i actually have.... so far just a lot of little single clicks (pistol shrimp), and i remember dumping a good 5-7 into the tank with the rock :)

A Golden Moray, huh? Now that's one heck of a hitch hiker! What'd they do with that baby?!

honestly, i think they were going to try and find a home for it, might be worth a call.

Nice, Im hoping to get the chance to drive there and hand pick some nice pieces. It almost sounds like they could have a slogan "an ocean bonus with every piece."

Back
Top Bottom