Cyano???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fav74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55g with 60+ pounds live rock, 50+ pounds live sand, 29g refug, protein skimmer. Been set up for around 3 months and my water parameters are ammonia, nitrite, nitrates, and phosphates are reading 0. I am having a cyano problem 2 doses of chemi clean that cleans it up then back next day done several water changes usually 10g of ro water treated with tap water conditioner. Adjusted lighting periods, feeding. Any ideas?

I have 2 actinic 2 10k 48" t5ho about 3 months old. I agree with you about the water parameters but I have had it tested by 2 lfs and the same. It will drift some between testing nitrates climbed to around 5ppm and phosphates around 0.24ppm. I am assuming cyano reddish brown hair like algae looks more slime like on substrate than on rocks. Was told it was cyano by someone after describing it.
I have 2 O. Clowns, a Coral Beauties, a handful of hermit a some snails, plus 2 Emerald Crabs. I am currently waiting on a shipment of snails and macro algae

Cyno tough stuff in ways. Chemi clean will only get rid of it so that you can fix the problem but it won't go away if the source isn't fixed. Make sure your skimmer is working correctly (that was my problem). I also cut back feeding to every other day and no my cyno is gone and I am now shifting my focus on my green hair algae.

Back
Top Bottom