Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

its a 100 times less harmless than nitrite. And its only harmfull in mass quanites so i wouldnt worry if your sitting at 5 to 10 ppm

Old 02-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I see. Thanks for the information =)

I think i've only got one more question for the time being.

I added Aragonite along with the live rock yesterday, and discovered that i totally should have rinsed the stuff first. The bag said i did not have to, so i did not. The water got super cloudy and has since settled back down to where i can see through it, but some dust has settled on my view pannels, thermometer, and power head. How can i wipe this down and remove the dust, without stirring it up again/adding detergents to my tank? Should i use a cloth, or not i guess is what i am asking.

Should i leave it alone until my cycle is complete, then vaccum the substrate whilst performing a water change?

I found a hitchhiker today too =D A very small snail about the size of a BB is crawling around. At first i thought it was a rock stuck to the under side of the canopy frame. But when i looked real close i saw two antennae come out of it, then it slowly began to move around. He's a very light beige/off white color and is very very small. Any idea what he could be?
get a brand new turkey baster and just blow it off of it. and nice you got your first of you CUC

Old 02-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

you could also get away with getting some kordon amQuel plus itll remove ammonia nitrite and nitrate. i just wouldnt use the full dosage.

Tags
cycle

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com