Cycle Complete :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonniewoodruff

Aquarium Advice Activist
Cycle is done, now what? Do I add a fish or 2, or a clean up crew, or both? I did the raw shrimp to cycle so I have had nothing live in the tank except the sand and rock. Want to do peaceful tank. Clowns, dragonette, sand sifting gobby, ect. What should I add first, not really interested in making a mistake!!
Thanks for your advice!:eek:
One other question if there is nothing in the tank do I need to QT the new ones?

You could add cuc and one fish. You just don't want to put a bunch of fish in quick because of the bio load would be to heavy to quick. If your tank is large two would be fine. Qt up to you I watch the fish and buy from reputable dealer and put them in.i don't buy fish prone to ich tangs.no qt either just live rock tank.

How big is the tank and are you going to be adding coral or not? Without this info its hard for me to suggest individual fish.

Clowns are cool for sure( especially some of the crazier color forms), but there are some REALLY cool fish out there that you may not see at first.
Dragonettes are really cool as well( on my list for my next tank), but can be finicky eaters and generally only do well in bigger tanks. also they are not compatible with some gobies( again depending on tank size.

My only regret with my tank is that i bought all of my fish before i really knew what the ocean had to offer.

My advise would be to take your time and find the fish that you absolutely cant leave the store without, not what you went there looking for.

As far as CUC, just remember they are animals and they need food too. unless you want to feed a tank full of snails and crabs, make sure to pace the size of the CUC with the amount of livestock in the tank.

Also, if your tank is small try and find fish that fill a role as well as add some flash to the tank. Sixline wrasses for instance are really cool looking (IMO) plus they scavenge live rock and eat some types of parasites. there are some really interesting sand sifting gobies as well outside of the yellow watchman, or diamond, or the other common ones. So again do a bit of window shopping before you are shelling out cash.

Thanks guys...it is a 65 gallon and I not be adding any coral, I have a 93 gallon tank but it was already set up and running for 4 years when I bought it. I want to add things that my 30" snowflake will eat....lol that is why I had to start the new tank.I am going to add a refugium but has not happened yet. I am going to the LFS tomorrow, I just like to ask others too, they are there to sell me fish after all.:)

new fish in

So I added 2 baby clown fish and a couple of snails, and 2 hermits. I also got a diamond sand sifting gobby. Gobby is sifting and clowns are swimming all around. :brows:

That's awesome! We are about the same stage in our tanks. Was going to go get some CUC additions. I lost a hermit and a shrimp this week, and one of my clowns got lockjaw and may not make it :(

That's awesome! We are about the same stage in our tanks. Was going to go get some CUC additions. I lost a hermit and a shrimp this week, and one of my clowns got lockjaw and may not make it :(

Didn't add shrimp yet but sorry for your loss... Hope your clown pulls through.

Back
Top Bottom