Cycle finaly finished yay!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are diatoms and are just another stage that you/we will have to work through. What kind of water did you use...Tap water or RO/DI water?

idk about phosphate and silicate levels but everything is at 0 and ph was low at 7.8 but i added something that will raise it up and keep it to 8.3 so ill check that ,also my salinity went from 1.023 to 1.025 is that bad???? and i used tap but i added something that the lfs told me that makes it safe and gave it to me for free and ilso use the aquasafe so the chlorine wont affect the fish

Don't worry to much about your PH. In a new tank it will flucuate. 1.025 is a better SG. The treatment your LFS gave you does not remove TDS from your water. Things like hard metals & nitrates that over time can build up to toxic levels.

If you are going to have a reef tank you will not be able to use tap and have a stable tank. Your LFS is just making a sale. There are many things in tap water that your magic potion can not take care of. Heavy metals, silicates that are causing your diatomes and all it`s doing to your ammonia is binding it up. It`s still there but you just cant read it any more. Maybe you are not doing a reef and then you`ll be OK but if you are do yourself a favor and get at least RO water and RO/DI would be prefered.

oh ok, where can i buy some of that water,or how do you make it, also i dont want too many corals i just want the few that i got maybe one more, this is what i have 3 Zoanthus sp. (Button polyps) each of them are really small the bigger one that with all the tentackles or how ever are called its about the siz of a quarter, also have 2 small anemones when i get home ill upload some pics

The problem with the anenome`s is that they need a very mature tank. I would say about 9 months to a year old. They need the stability that a mature tank brings.

oh ok so what can i do about them cuz my friend that gave them to me moved thats why he gave them to me also because he got rid of his tank due that he wants a shark

phosphat and nitrate are 0 the other one idk the guy said its fine i kind of lost my test thing for the silicate and the guy at the lfs said it was good and i know this place its good because they always make sure i dont buy too much at once and my friend works there

See if your LFS can take them for credit. You can always get one later on.

Well, give it your best shot. Clean water and lots of light. Oh and lots of luck.

yea right now the levels seem fine my amo its 0 my nitrates are 0 and nitrites are 0 aswell and my phosphate is 0 and my ph is 8.1, they seem fine the only thing is that im getting alge right next to them and im planning on getting a goby thats wat the lf told me but idk if the anenome will eat him, this is a pic of the anemone while i was testing my lights

Back
Top Bottom