Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
Cycle finaly finished yay!!!!

Good news my aquarium its finally cycled i tested it at home and took it to two different places and the test all came out the same, now i kind of know what kind of fish i want, so im askin you for your help, my first question is do clown fish and firefish get along and if they do what other fish can i put wit them, i was thinkin about one or two tangs and a pair of 6stripped wrassel i think thats its name, also i want to add some mushrooms and the one that look like red flowers and one anenome will this all work, i know i have to take my time but thats what i want i also have a 32 w light i think its full spectrum how do i know if its full spectrum and ill post some pics when i get home i got the lights when i got the tank and the guy had a reef before so Idk plz plz plz help me

Old 09-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cangrats now the fun begins. Certain Clowns will get along with firefish as some of them are aggressive and the firefish are peaceful and require a lot of hiding spots in the tank, it's also best to get them in pairs. Most Tangs require 100+ gallon tanks however there are a few that would do well in your tank rated for 80 gallons and below and even then you should stick to just one of those. The sixline wrasse is a semi aggressive fish and will pick on peaceful species if not fed well and as with the firefish needs plenty of rock work to hide.
Is this tank FO, FOWLR, reef or a combination of the two? Because 32 watts of lighting isn't nearly enough.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
well thats what i think it is the guy that sold it to me used it for his reef tank ill put some pictures when i get home also if later on i wanna add more lr will it affect the tank? And what i wanna do is right now fowlr till i get the lights i need which im plannin to get as soon as i found what kind i have and need
Old 09-26-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your clown fish don't need an anemone and you don't have enough light. Full spectrum light is the wavelength of of the bulbs and should be written on the end of the bulb. It's the type of light not the strength of it and as stated above by infernosST you need lots more for an anemone.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

oh ok thanks and for it do i need other lamp snd bulb or just the bulb
Old 09-27-2009, 04:11 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

hey how are you guys well this is all the things i found on the bulb plz tell me if its good or not so ill go and get a new light, do i need to buy the whole lamp or just the bulbs?????????
Old 09-27-2009, 04:36 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

i forgot to add the picture XD
Old 09-27-2009, 07:02 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you plan on corals and an anemone you are going to have get better lighting, check out the AA articles link Stock list and tips for maintaining your SW tank.even though the watts per gallon rule is rather old and really not used it will give you an idea of what you are going to need, The lighting is a rather complex and vital part of the sw reef aquarium, there are plenty of members that will be able to help you out. Check it out.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

thanks XD
Old 09-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

hey im goung to buy the t5 ho light but which bulbs do i need for corals like anenomes and the ones that look like flowers and mushroom

Tags
cycle

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com