Cycle finaly finished yay!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Good news my aquarium its finally cycled i tested it at home and took it to two different places and the test all came out the same, now i kind of know what kind of fish i want, so im askin you for your help, my first question is do clown fish and firefish get along and if they do what other fish can i put wit them, i was thinkin about one or two tangs and a pair of 6stripped wrassel i think thats its name, also i want to add some mushrooms and the one that look like red flowers and one anenome will this all work, i know i have to take my time but thats what i want i also have a 32 w light i think its full spectrum how do i know if its full spectrum and ill post some pics when i get home i got the lights when i got the tank and the guy had a reef before so Idk plz plz plz help me

Cangrats now the fun begins. Certain Clowns will get along with firefish as some of them are aggressive and the firefish are peaceful and require a lot of hiding spots in the tank, it's also best to get them in pairs. Most Tangs require 100+ gallon tanks however there are a few that would do well in your tank rated for 80 gallons and below and even then you should stick to just one of those. The sixline wrasse is a semi aggressive fish and will pick on peaceful species if not fed well and as with the firefish needs plenty of rock work to hide.
Is this tank FO, FOWLR, reef or a combination of the two? Because 32 watts of lighting isn't nearly enough.

well thats what i think it is the guy that sold it to me used it for his reef tank ill put some pictures when i get home also if later on i wanna add more lr will it affect the tank? And what i wanna do is right now fowlr till i get the lights i need which im plannin to get as soon as i found what kind i have and need

Your clown fish don't need an anemone and you don't have enough light. Full spectrum light is the wavelength of of the bulbs and should be written on the end of the bulb. It's the type of light not the strength of it and as stated above by infernosST you need lots more for an anemone.

hey how are you guys well this is all the things i found on the bulb plz tell me if its good or not so ill go and get a new light, do i need to buy the whole lamp or just the bulbs?????????

Yes, It is best that you get either a 4x54w HO or a 6x54 HO lamp. The bulbs that I would recomend is 2x 420 actinic bulbs and 2x either 10k or 12k bulbs. That light that you have now would work out over a refugium in your sump. You can do a Retrofit if you are handy...something like over Mikes tank.

cool i actually bought 2 double t5 ho 54w so that makes it 4 lights, but i have a question,why does it look blue if the bulbs are white?????????

If you are talking about the actinic bulbs, it's the wavelength of the bulb. It is filled with a gas and when an electric current is pasted through the bulb the gas gets excited and gives of a color that is ....Stuck for a word.....correct for that wavelength...420 or 460 depending on the bulb. The other bulbs...6700k to 20,000k the color goes from a yellow to a crisp white....I hope I did not mix this up...Oh well the Capt will correct me. :)

well im not sure exactly the kind but ill let u guys know when i get home, i got the ones that are top of the line the ones for coral they ate t5 something thats for sure

Back
Top Bottom