Cycle has begun (i think) lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joester2k3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Checked my ammonia with the new test kit today and im getting a reading of 0.3 or 0.4 and nitrite is almost 0.1 does this sound like its goin well?? I started with LR 3 days ago

yea your on the way just gotta wait for ammonia to read 0.0 and nitrite 0 also but you probly already knew that heh :lol:

I shall wait and wait and wait lol I noticed my ph is around 8.3 to 8.5 but im not going to worry abou tit till the cycle is over :)

Sounds good.
I noticed my ph is around 8.3 to 8.5 but im not going to worry abou tit till the cycle is over
Also sounds like you have been reading and doing your homework (y)

Do i have to syphon the dieoff from my sandbed??????? or will it break down and be beneficial???

yea ive learned so much just by reading and browsing these forums

Yes i have Learned so much in the past month its unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

Its been a week now so i checked my levels. My Ammonia is at around 1.0 but my nitrites are at 1.6 on the test. Is this to high for my live rock to handle???

Nope, sounds like you're really hitting the spike. The bacteria will reproduce and consume that ammonia and nitrite, you just have to be patient. Looks like you have 2-3 weeks to go until you're cycled!

Good luck!

tripper

I do believe it spiked and its on its way down now. My ammonia is .3 nitrites .3 to .5 and nitrates are at 30. :) i do believe everything is going as planned baby WOO WHOO LOL.

to start
2 perculas

Next probably a goby

Then a tang

with about a month inbetween each addition except for the 2 clowns they will go together :)

The cycle is now FINISHED HEHEHE i have to do a water change for my nitrates yet but ammonia and nitrites are 0

:-D

Now i just have to figure out how to put this coralife skimmer together lol

Back
Top Bottom