cycle readings and question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kukki

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had my tank cycling over 3 weeks now. The shrimp is pretty much completely gone.. but there are still some pieces floating around { was a rather large shrimp :) }..

My ammoonia is very high, off the color chart. My trites are between 0.1 and 0.15 and my trates are 10-15.

Now i didnt have my ammo kit at the time =X. But figuring by my readings and what ive read and all. I should already went through my ammo. spike as well as my trite spike { which i have tested for and saw. } From what i have read it takes a ammo. spike to start the nitrites and then a nitrite spilke to start nitrates. I could be quit wrong on that =)

Should i let my shimp completely dissolve and see my ammo. and trites to 0 to assume my cycle is complete? Water change and leave it in? Take it out all together? ... i will not have any type of ammonia source in the tank if i take out the shrimp. Id have to buy some type of food to feed the tank and wait till i get my LR and fish and all.

Also if I should take out the shrimp and or water change and all. what food is best to feed a tank like this as a ammo. source?

I'd leave it as it is. My tank took about six weeks to cycle. So, only being 3wks in, isn't that bad.

should you always expect to see a bloom of any sort.. or is it possible to have a tank cycle without any "visual" signs..?

ok great.. i plan on putting some keys rock from lr.com in there someday soon, when they are back from their trip and have everything rdy to ship out, if its not cycled by then the rock should finish it up nicely im thinkin :)

Back
Top Bottom