Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-11-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Cycled!

Zero nitrites for 3 days so I brought back the 6 damsels that had been polluting my tank for me. It was kind of sad to see them go. Especially because I had to remove every piece of LR in the tank to catch the speedy bastahds. Had I read this board prior to purchasing the damsels, I probably would have done a fishless cycle. But by doing regular water changes during the cycle (which unfortunately prolonged it) I managed to keep them alive and thriving. I only lost two fish and they were pretty much DOA.

So I went out to the LFS and purchased a pacific blue tang, a yellow tang, a firefish, two maroon clowns, one watchman goby, a flame angel, a royal gramma, and a niger trigger and just threw them in my 30 gallon a half hour ago. They're all doing well so far!

Just kidding. I actually bought a pair of percs that the owner recommended because they've been inseparable. It is very cool to have fish that actually seem to like eachother instead of constantly chasing eachother off. I'm going to wait alteast a week before adding a royal gramma to the tank.

Thanks to everyone that helped with my questions or just posted on other interesting threads that I've read.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Re: Cycled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese
So I went out to the LFS and purchased a pacific blue tang, a yellow tang, a firefish, two maroon clowns, one watchman goby, a flame angel, a royal gramma, and a niger trigger and just threw them in my 30 gallon a half hour ago. They're all doing well so far!
8O

I was right about to reach through your computer screen & rescue those poor fish! LOL Nice to hear you got two percs... same here! They're doing great! Keep us up to date on how your tank mates are doing!!

Tags
cycle, cycled, led

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com