Cycled!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reese

Aquarium Advice Activist
Zero nitrites for 3 days so I brought back the 6 damsels that had been polluting my tank for me. It was kind of sad to see them go. Especially because I had to remove every piece of LR in the tank to catch the speedy bastahds. Had I read this board prior to purchasing the damsels, I probably would have done a fishless cycle. But by doing regular water changes during the cycle (which unfortunately prolonged it) I managed to keep them alive and thriving. I only lost two fish and they were pretty much DOA.

So I went out to the LFS and purchased a pacific blue tang, a yellow tang, a firefish, two maroon clowns, one watchman goby, a flame angel, a royal gramma, and a niger trigger and just threw them in my 30 gallon a half hour ago. They're all doing well so far!

Just kidding. I actually bought a pair of percs that the owner recommended because they've been inseparable. It is very cool to have fish that actually seem to like eachother instead of constantly chasing eachother off. I'm going to wait alteast a week before adding a royal gramma to the tank.

Thanks to everyone that helped with my questions or just posted on other interesting threads that I've read.

Reese said:
So I went out to the LFS and purchased a pacific blue tang, a yellow tang, a firefish, two maroon clowns, one watchman goby, a flame angel, a royal gramma, and a niger trigger and just threw them in my 30 gallon a half hour ago. They're all doing well so far!

:crazyeyes: :shocked!: :eek2: 8O

I was right about to reach through your computer screen & rescue those poor fish! LOL :lol: Nice to hear you got two percs... same here! They're doing great! Keep us up to date on how your tank mates are doing!!

Back
Top Bottom