Cycled - Ready to Go!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Activist
The tank is cycled and ready to go... Perfect parameters, all around.

I just picked up 21.6 pounds of new live rock, to compliment the 60 or so pounds I bought a couple weeks ago. I am going to let the tank reacclimatize, for 14 days before I move forward. My LFS has agreed to accept my 6 damsels back. They offered not me.

So now the fun part, I get to plan the official tank, any suggestions? You can search for the first thread to find my specs. I am planning for a reef tank.

So, you went thru the ammonia and nitrate peaks? How didja cycle?

Wondering what the new 21 lbs of rock will do and what kinda condition it was in. Cured?

So, no inhabitants yet? If not, you will need to add fish food to the tank to keep the bacteria on the rock (from cycling) fed with an ammonia source. Maybe twice a week or so.

He cycled with the damsels.
What kind of lighting do you have?

Fish
1 -Black Perc
2 - Yellow Tang
3 - Blue Tang
4 - pleco
5 - Some kind of Goby

Inverts will come later, and each fish will be purchased in 30 day timing

I thought plecos were freshwater fish? But then, I've never done freshwater - so what do I know.

Personally, I find it hard to give ya any advice since you were so unwilling to even entertain any of the previous advice given. But good luck to you regardless.

I thought plecos were freshwater fish? But then, I've never done freshwater - so what do I know.

Personally, I find it hard to give ya any advice since you were so unwilling to even entertain any of the previous advice given. But good luck to you regardless.

Come on no plecos, they are seriously the best fish for small tanks. I was hoping that someone would have tried converting one from fresh to salt. ;)

lol - Probably be easier to convert yourself to underwater breathing.

Sorry, no plecos in salt - at least that I'm aware of.

Both yellow and blue tang will be to large for a 55 gallon tank. They will outgrow it quickly. Really any tang would probably not be to happy in that size tank.

I agree with jimbo. I know you can convert mollies to SW, but I know nothing about FW fish (plecos).
Oh, I agree with the rest as well, especially Kurt. Good luck!

Never heard of a SW pleco...

The yellow tang will deal with the 55 but the blue not so much.

Pleco was some dry humor, which does not come across very well with the written word.

I have scratched the blue.

Glad to hear you are dropping the blue. They really need a 6' or longer tank to be happy.

guess I missed the joke on the pleco....

Good luck catching 6 damsels in 60 pounds of Rock, lol.

Asking other people what fish you should get is completely subjective. Everyone has thier own preference. The best thing to do is just go to the pet store, make a list of the fish you like, then go home and do some research on them and see which are compatible for your tank and/or together. ( don't ask the store employees because 95% of the time they are clueless )

Back
Top Bottom