Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea I did a huge water change and my nitrate was 0. The only problem I've had was my nitrite level which was .05 I think. But when I checked yesterday it was 0

I'm doing a reef tank and idk what fish to add first. I have a list of fish I want to put in my tank but idk if it will be big enough to support them.. How many fish can I add to my 55g tank? I can write down the list of fish i plan to add if this helps

This is my list-
Purple tang
A pair of clownfishes
Royal gramma
Yellow assessor
Onespot rabbit fish
A gobby
Green mandarin dragonet

Let me know what you guys think.

55g is too small for the purple tang, I think the rabbitfish also

The royal gramma and yellow assessor are both basslet so you can't keep them together. Just one

The mandarin dragonet is a very hard fish to take care of. You also need a well established tank to raise one.

Everything else seems to be fine

This is my tank so far. Only 90lbs LR, live sand and a dew hermits and snails. Since they have been there a few days is it safe to say I can add fish?

Attachments

• image-2723637427.jpg
    image-2723637427.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 81
90lbs of LR is enough for 55g. Just wanted to point that out incase you thought it still isnt enough. If you added the LR after your tank was done cycling, there might be a mini cycle depending on how much die off was on the rocks. If your parameters are good then you can add a fish

Back
Top Bottom