Cycling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prag

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 01:05 PM

Hello,
I have a 120L tank that had been previously cycled but I was unable to place stock in the tank and unable to put something in for the bacteria to feed on so I assumed that it had all died off. So I began the cycling process again with raw shrimp but it has been 4 weeks and there has been no decrease in the ammonia content about 0.25-0.50 ppm and there has been no increase in nitrites. The first time I cycled it I did everything the same and it was done in 4 weeks. I have no live rock as it is very difficult to get in NZ. There is heaps of green algae growing though not sure if that means anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Have you used any additives in the water to remove the chlorine or chloamines? What test kit are you using? What filter do you have for the tank? Any auxillary equipment?

Need the answers to those questions, but shooting from the hip, I'd say something is causing a false positive for ammonia and has been from the beginning and that the tank is cycled, can't be 100% sure without the answers to the above questions, but that is my first impression.

Back
Top Bottom