Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So i bought shrimp and put them in and turned heater on and its been 2 days and the shrimp turned red like they are just slow cooking? Is something wrong? Should i put a light on the water?

Mine turned red and started decaying. I've only used this method on my 2 saltwater tanks, a 40g and a 10g. I just started in salt a year ago, I've been a freshy for as long as I can remember, lol. From my experience it's normal... Just wait until the smell hits you, lol...

Ok ill see if it starts decaying but i only could find shrimp that have no heads and that where de vained is that ok? And should i have a light on it?

How long has it been? You don't want to add any creatures to a tank with noticeable ammonia or nitrite, or even high nitrate. No, you don't need to run your skimmer.

All levels are good ammonia nitrate nitrite and i put in a little clean up crew, but i have diatoms popping up brown spots everywhere so should i just leave it or add a gfo reactor or something else to get rid of it?

Back
Top Bottom