Cycling a tank with a shrimp...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Normal I think. Start testing for ammonia so you can see what's going on better. I'd consider trning th powerheads off now too. They may only serve to push around decomposed shrimp pieces right now. Some put their shrimp in netting so it doesn't fall break up in a bunch of pieces.

Thanks a lot, Ray--appreciate your help.

I just looked at your photo gallery--are ALL those tanks yours and in one house???? And your wife hasn't thrown you out yet?

:D

One tank only, just different views maybe. Just lost all my coral and other inverts in the past couple of weeks. I believe my xenia crashed.

Good Crab

Do you have any live rock in your tank yet?

If not then the only place you have for bacteria to build up is at your filter. YOu filter is nto designed for biological filtration to a large degree and it wil ltake tiem for any biological filtration and bacteria colinization to occur with no LR in the tank.

So get some LR in there or get a filter with a biowheel or better area for bacteria to build up. Then wait and keep checking your levels

jasno999 said:
Good Crab

Do you have any live rock in your tank yet?

If not then the only place you have for bacteria to build up is at your filter. YOu filter is nto designed for biological filtration to a large degree and it wil ltake tiem for any biological filtration and bacteria colinization to occur with no LR in the tank.

So get some LR in there or get a filter with a biowheel or better area for bacteria to build up. Then wait and keep checking your levels

NOW I have live rock--got it yesterday.

jasno999 said:
Now you should be good. THe cycle will start to build. Give it some time and watch your levels.

Will increased ammonia levels harm the life on the rocks I have? Here are three pieces.

SaltwaterREEF070.jpg

Back
Top Bottom