cycling again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok my tank for some reason is cycling again it was up for about 6 months then nitites started to rise so everyone said to recycle because either it did not cycle all the way or it was from feeding to much well it has been cycling for 4 weeks and the amoina is still very high no nitrites yet i dont know y I have 1 damsel fish in there because he was beating all my other fish up in the qt and i put about 25 pounds of live rock in there i want to add 25 more when would be a good time and please let me know if anyone can y the cycle is taking so long I hate leaving my fish in the qt for so long it is a 60g with wet/dry filter with the biomedia in it i have not turned the protien skimmer on but i do have the uv light on thanks

If you're going to add more rock, now would be the time unless you can cycle it seperately. As for your readings, I would get the LFS to double check them. After 4 weeks and you still have NH3? Something very wrong there unless antibiotics have ever been used.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom