Cycling FOWLR Biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David003

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone!
Im hoping to get a little input as to if my tank is cycled and ready for fish. I've been cycling my 29 gallon Biocube for about 3 weeks now. I used 20lbs of live agaronite sand, and 21bs of reef saver dry rock. For an ammonia source I used frozen krill. After the first week my ammonia was at 1.5ppm, if I remember correctly. Days later I started seeing nitrites, which shot up to 5.0+ppm and lasted for about a week! Now here I am at about 3 and a half weeks into the cycling process. Last night I tested my water and ammonia and nitrites were at zero and nitrates looked to be at about 15ppm. I added more Krill as well last night and tested again today and everything still tested back normal. My question is this: is my tank safe to add my first pair of clowns? Sorry for the long post!!

You have successfully completed the cycle. The goal is no ammonia or nitrite readings in 24 hours, though the rotting krill gives you a steady stream of ammonia anyway. With that said, remove the krill and do water changes to get your nitrates down to 0. After that, it's time to add fish.

Back
Top Bottom