Cycling question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duddits

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've read up on cycling a new tank, but what about a tank that was up and running but moved? No water was saved but the sump hasn't been cleaned nor has the sand. If I use premixed salt water from my LFS or RO water, will it cycle quicker? Also I started to soak the LR it came with in my deep sink just to be sure there are no harmful parasites sleeping in it.

Duddits said:
Also I started to soak the LR it came with in my deep sink just to be sure there are no harmful parasites sleeping in it.

Where did you soaked your LR? In aquarium water?

ganiel said:
Where did you soaked your LR? In aquarium water?

By rinsing this in the sink it would have killed the BB. But for the sand and filters and what not if you left those alone you saved some BB

I left the sand and filters wet with the aquarium water. The tank had been sitting for about 3-4 weeks she said. So with any die off that may occurred I soaked the rock in a sink with water/salt mix and a power head.

This is the filter and skimmer. It looks gross. Should I clean everything out?

Attachments

• image-1542646365.jpg
    image-1542646365.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 91
I would clean that filter and skimmer and any powerheads you might have gotten with vinegar and a new scrub brush. Then rinse well. It'll look lots better.

Back
Top Bottom