Cycling test help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TattooedTanker

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello guys and gills! :) I think my tank is done cycling. The problem is that it's only been two weeks. I added 2XL shrimp and they have been completely consumed. I have since added pure ammo dosed it to 4 about 36 hours ago and below is what the test turned out. I have yet to do my PWC so my nitrates are a little high. If I do a PWC they should drop right? Please advise of this tank has cycled. I have heard of them doing it in two weeks but I see most say four to six. Please let me know your thoughts THANKS J

Attachments

• image-1305314978.jpg
    image-1305314978.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 79
Do you use any LR? Or did you use base rock? Was it a fishless cycle? Mine tool at least 6 to cycle because I used base rock.

daney90 said:
Do you use any LR? Or did you use base rock? Was it a fishless cycle? Mine tool at least 6 to cycle because I used base rock.

Yes I used 45lbs of LR and 40lbs of live sand. It was a fish less cycle.

Dose one last time and test it again. Measure twice, cut once. I lost 500 bucks worth of coral when I misjudged a cycle in my new tank...it hurt. But yes, water changes will remove nitrates from your system.

Back
Top Bottom