Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-15-2005, 02:45 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
ammonia spike, but would it be safe to add in the clowns a day after the LR is placed in?
That depends on how much of a second mini-cycle you have. You will have to test daily for 2-3 days(maybe longer) to make sure there is no ammonia or nitrite before adding anything. FWIW, keep in mind inverts are extremely sensitive to ammo and nitrite. Also, I don't see a problem w/ adding a clown and your clean up crew at the same time unless your getting a Maroon clown (Premnas). Good luck

Old 04-15-2005, 03:15 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks for the advice so far!

How much of a cleanup crew to start? My girlfriend likes the peppermint shrimp & hermit crabs.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:35 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

60 gallon tank depend on how much you want to spend and the selection. I'd start with snails and hermits. I'd say a dozen of each because my LFS gives better price by dozen. Eventually you'll be getting more as there is more for them to eat. What type of hermits are you looking at Red, Blue, Zebra?
Old 04-15-2005, 03:38 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Not sure... haven't gotten that far yet. I'm still in the process of ordering my RO/DI.

Money is definitely not in abundance... so it's more for the best bang for the buck.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:47 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
How much of a cleanup crew to start?
I'm not sure exactly what size your tank is, but you could start w/ a dozen or so snails. I don't like hermit crabs, so that's up to you.
Quote:
My girlfriend likes the peppermint shrimp
Wait until she sees a skunk cleaner shrimp in action! They are awesome, with a TON of personality. They will actually clean you when you put a hand/arm in the tank and some fish (tangs, etc.).
Edit-I waited too long to hit "submit" LOL EJS is fast...

Tags
cycling

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com