Cyclone Protein Skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

razman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

Newbie and with limited $$, looking for a decent protein skimmer, preferably hang on tank types. Came across Seaclone 100 protein skimmer and wanted to know what you'll think of it? Is it effective for a 29 gallon tank.

Approx - 25 lbs of LR
3 damsels, 1 tomato clown, 1 bicolor angel

Btw, currently no inverts but with the bicolor angel, is that going to be a problem?
thnx

i had one on a 20 gallon and it did the job just fine. but i think you may want to rethink all those fish. as they grow it is going to get awful cramped in a 29.

I have a CPR bak pak skimmer on my 30 gal....works great. It is a hang on the back and cost around 130 bucks

For the price range (under $100) its a fine skimmer. Another skimmer along the same price range you might want to look at is the Red Sea Prizm skimmer.

Most other skimmers for small tanks are over $100.

protein skimmer

thnx for all the advice..

I probably will pick up the Prizm skimmer, but some of the reviews I read mentioned that the skimmer is noisy, dunno but thought lemme ask u guys.

Another thing, I have a marineland Eclipse system (29 gallon). Do I need to drill any holes or cut thru the hood to make this work?

One thing to note on the reviews. Most of them are probably written about the Prizm Classic. The current version of the Prizm that is out is the Prizm Pro or Prizm Pro Deluxe. If your reading a review its good to first reference how old the review is and what model of Prizm they where using.

I have a Prizm Classic. now when I got it there was no such thing as a "Classic" model since they only had 1 model but when they did a redesign the old style became the "Classic" style.

Mine does make some noise but I would not classify it as nosiy. I ran the skimmer in my bedroom when my 20 gal tank was in the beedroom. When I moved to a new house we put the 20 in the dining room area (not because it was loud but because our new bedroom was less roomy with our new furnature).

Back
Top Bottom