Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-14-2006, 10:14 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to fishman
I only feed about every 2-3 days. Also I only feed maybe less than 1/3 a cube of frozen rinsed food. Other than that I put a clip of nori in each day but this is gone in a couple of hours.

Old 05-14-2006, 02:27 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Activist

You should also look at the quality of your food. Not sure how good the San Fran brand is, however, from what I can tell, it's low quality. Most of these manufacturers buy the scraps and then mix them all together(i.e. Ocean Nutrition). These low quality foods introduce a lot phosphate into yuor system, even if rinsed as you can read from the test another member performed. Stick with Hikari & Gamma from the frozen section. And if you have the time, make a homemade frozen mush or use whole squid & cokkle.

Old 05-14-2006, 07:47 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...tegory_Code=M3

my buddy had 0 NO3 and PO4 and still had a major HA issue the wholle tank was covered in HA and after a long battle with the ro/di adding all new filters and doning massive water changes and so on and on.. He used the azno3 and it worked... make sure you follow the instructions if you decide to use it.

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to fishman
I think I will order some of this. I read the directions and testimonials and along with what you are saying I think I feel more comfortable using this instead of the product I bought last week. I have NOT found anyone that has used it so this scares me.
Thanks for the info. I will order some tomorrow and post the results. Also I do have 0 trates and p04. Will keep you posted.
THANKS!
Old 05-20-2006, 06:03 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to dankent
well personally as said before above ... I myself had this problem as well ... I did a week long blackout with exception to my moonlight ( one single blue led ). I feed every other day as well as use R/O water .. It hasnt hurt anything in my tank and would do that before i start doing anything chemically.

Tags
algea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com