Damsel trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ByzantineWV

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any ideas on how to catch a few damsels without taking everything out of my tank?

Hard work and patience lol took me 2 weeks to get my 5 chromis without tearing it apart and that is why I don't think anyone should ever buy them but if you do this saved me a lot of time (10"x14") haha

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120821_131102.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120821_131102.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 88
Mrc8858 said:
Hard work and patience lol took me 2 weeks to get my 5 chromis without tearing it apart and that is why I don't think anyone should ever buy them but if you do this saved me a lot of time (10"x14") haha

Please explain to me what this is and how it works

It's just a huge net that nearly reaches across the tank lol

Maybe a spear? J/k no I think taking everything outs is something that u have to do unless you can get them when you feed

I just caught 3 of mine and moved them to kids tank. I got a pretty big net 9 x 7 and slowly trapped them. I did have to move some live rock, so you might have to just move stuff to one end of the tank...

Yeah unfortunately taking most of the rock out is usually the only way to catch them and they dont tell you that at the fish store when they are selling them to you. Another one of the reasons damsels are avoided by many.

I know of people who actually bait a tiny hook line and sinker becuase the have trying everything and could not tear down the rocks for various reasons. I do not recommend it obviosly but just goes to show how elusive they can be to catch with a net or trap.

I just gave up removed all my rock work and got the damsels that I needed out.
Thanks everyone for the info.

LOL! Lion fish are AWESOME and after the trouble that wicked little devil fish caused and countless hours I spent trying to catch him...karma! I figured if he could hide in the live rock from me he would be smart enough to do so from the lion...oops!

nikki_kaiser said:
LOL! Lion fish are AWESOME and after the trouble that wicked little devil fish caused and countless hours I spent trying to catch him...karma! I figured if he could hide in the live rock from me he would be smart enough to do so from the lion...oops!

Hide from a lion?? Hahaha that damsel had absolutely no clue what was going down. That lion prob blasted him too

Back
Top Bottom