Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks for the input guys and gals...I have since caught all but 4 damsels (2dominoe, 1 purple with yellow tail, 1 tiger stripe)...now those 4 seem to be the most peaceful as well do you all think that I should do away with them as well???

Old 04-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #12

**correction**- only 2 domino damsels remain with the 2 clownfish and the dominoes are significantly smaller than the clowns...should I be ok now? Or remove the dominoes as well?

Old 04-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you could remove them all I would but it isn't a must in a tank that size but keep in mind for the future when you stock a tank the reason so many people will tell you to try and figure it out before you begin is because there is a proper order to add your livestock..you will want to begin the the least aggressive and least territorial first building up to you meanest fish..do it the other way and you'll see a lot more aggression and possible death/disease
Old 04-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #14

Thanks I appreciate it...I could get these last two easily because they don't hang out in any rocks but they honestly were the least problematic of the damsels I think I will let em stick around for now...I'm glad I got this advice now before I added tons of rocks and nooks/crannies with it...the clowns already have moved into a cave the damsels were protecting the last 2 days..I will be sure to do a lot more research before I get my next fish...any suggestions on what would be a good next move?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:56 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is there a fish on your "must have" list? Its always easiest imo to build around a certain fish
Old 04-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #16

Cool thanks for the advice..I have been doing a lot of research on reef tanks and am taking into consideration a lot more factors before making decisions on this...I am not even sure what I have in mind for a "must have" fish at this point, but, when I do I will post pictures and keep asking questions I'm sure...thanks again for all the help and pointers if it wasn't for all the advice I dont know where I would be at with all this right now...
Old 04-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #17
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Start searching around on liveaquaria. This is a great help when trying to find "that fish" or "that coral" that you just have to have.

I might not be of much help with this as I enjoy "nano fish". Might not be what you are looking for since you have a 75, where mine is a 55, but allow me to suggest the fish I just ordered for half price off saltwaterfish.com.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Tank Bred Indigo Dottyback, Pseudochromis sankeyi x fridmani
Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #18

Why are people here so high and mighty with there advice. I'm sure he researched there are plenty of people who instant cycle there yanks with additives that Do well and there tank thrives. It's a known fact it works don't be jealous, and for the guy who started the thread do you and be happy you know what's best for your tank your tank. And another thing ohhhhh noooo a few damsels are going to die flush them
Old 04-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #19

The single most important thing in a reef tank setup up is - wait for it - arrogant replies. Seems like you must be arrogant to have a good tank. Why dont you people get over yourselves and just help
Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolguy72
The single most important thing in a reef tank setup up is - wait for it - arrogant replies. Seems like you must be arrogant to have a good tank. Why dont you people get over yourselves and just help
I don't know where you got that people were being arrogant. The OP asked questions and asked for advice and that's what she got..I may have missed something but I don't see anyone trying to act "high and mighty" just giving the best information they can to make this as easy, fun, and save as much time and money as possible..your new to this site obviously but if you would give it a chance you would realize 99% of the people on here legitimately just want to help but as with everything there will always be that 1%

Tags
reef, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com